Our proud Local 983 members work in a variety of job titles and at different levels.
This is just a brief description of who we are and how our more than three thousand members, both full-time and seasonal, help make this city run.
We Work As:
Asbestos Handlers, Assistant City Highway Repairers, City Seasonal Aides, Associate Park Service Workers, Motor Vehicle Operators, Traffic Enforcement Agents - level 3 & 4, Urban Park Rangers, Associate Urban Park Rangers, and High Pressure Plant Tenders.
We Work In
- Department of Parks and Recreation,
- Police Department,
- Department of Transportation,
- Health and Hospitals Corporation,
- The CUNY Senior and Community Colleges,
- Fire Department,
- Administration for Children's Services,
- Department of Social Services,
- Department of Homeless Services,
- Department of Corrections,
- Department of Employment,
- Financial Information Service Agency,
- Department of Youth and Community Development,
- Community Boards in the Bronx and Queens,
- Office of Economic Development,
- Housing Preservation and Development,
- Department of Health,
- Department of Environmental Protection,
- Department of Sanitation,
- Department of Design and Construction,
- Department of Records and Information Services,
- Department of Consumer Affairs,
- Department of Citywide Administrative Services,
- District Attorney Queens County,
- Housing Authority,
- Transit Authority,
- Board of Education and the
- Department of Finance and others.